Lot's of different pics of this sign.

Lot's of different pics of this sign.
"I don't make hell for nobody. I'm only the instrument of a laughing providence. Sometimes I don't like it myself, but I couldn't help it if I was born smart."

1st Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden.
"From here to Eternity"

Paul Valery

"You are in love with intelligence, until it frightens you. For your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time."

The Wisdom of the Ages

"When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed',"

Mikhail Kalashnikov
"Here lies the bravest soldier I've seen since my mirror got grease on it."

Zapp Brannigan

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Whence Kabar?

I'm not going to screw this up with a lot of text since I've waxed long-winded a few times recently. Let me just say this: Often theater knives were made from existing, issued knives, most predominantly the M2 Utility/Fighting Knife erroneously referred to as the "Kabar".
Leading the lineup is a tricked out Case version of the V-44 (see here) followed by some "retrofitted" M2's and. just to add interest, a more interesting F/S Stiletto and a Smatchet.
With two exceptions, all these photos were lifted, without a thought to propriety, from the the most excellent publication, "Theater Made Military Knives of World War II" by Bill and Debbie Wright. If you find this interesting at all, buy the book

























Remember folks, where options are limited, innovations flourishes.
Locations of visitors to this page