Lot's of different pics of this sign.

Lot's of different pics of this sign.
"I don't make hell for nobody. I'm only the instrument of a laughing providence. Sometimes I don't like it myself, but I couldn't help it if I was born smart."

1st Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden.
"From here to Eternity"

Paul Valery

"You are in love with intelligence, until it frightens you. For your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time."

The Wisdom of the Ages

"When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed',"

Mikhail Kalashnikov
"Here lies the bravest soldier I've seen since my mirror got grease on it."

Zapp Brannigan

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Armistice Day revisited

Ladies and Gents,
Let me introduce Corporal Fred Buckles, the last surviving remnant of the AEF.
This old fellow, with exactly twice as many birthdays as myself (who ofttimes thinks he's Methuselah) attended the 11/11 day festivities at Arlington.
The good news: The old guy got some well-deserved recognition...not enough by a long shot.
The bad news: I'll bet he had to shake hands with that fat-assed coward, Dick (appropriately named) Cheney. The great man himself was off in Texas cutting brush and otherwise assuring himself that he's not a vacuous moron so he wasn't on hand to give some respect to someone who had "been there" and "done that" before either of these pussies were even swimming around in their dad's balls.
But I digress; Old Fred isn't long for this world so I, as well as some others, think it would be appropriate for "Old Uncle Sugar" to pony up to give this man a Federally Funded (damn those Democratic "tax and spend" genes!) funeral.
To say that it's the least we can do borders on the ridiculous for understatement. If he wasn't already as old as God I'd say Condi could go water his plants, Dick could pump out his septic tank and Georgie-Porgie could... I don't know...mow his lawn... Keep out of trouble ...Wait for the ice-cream truck. Whatever.
Obviously that aint gonna happen but, we can get the Feds to "step up" and give, at least this man, the recognition that millions of ignored veterans haven't gotten.
Remember...40% of homeless are veterans.
Anyway, pester those primative forms of life that represent you in Congress to "show some class" and, even though it's far too little and far too late, let the rest of us know that they have a heart.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page