Lot's of different pics of this sign.

Lot's of different pics of this sign.
"I don't make hell for nobody. I'm only the instrument of a laughing providence. Sometimes I don't like it myself, but I couldn't help it if I was born smart."

1st Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden.
"From here to Eternity"

Paul Valery

"You are in love with intelligence, until it frightens you. For your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time."

The Wisdom of the Ages

"When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed',"

Mikhail Kalashnikov
"Here lies the bravest soldier I've seen since my mirror got grease on it."

Zapp Brannigan

Sunday, December 07, 2008

"Military History" Gotten Wrong... Spectacularly so.

And we promise to remember
the seventh of December
'cause we're the Seabees of the Navy,
The Bees of the Seven Seas!


The Seabee Hymn

On this date - minus twenty-years and three months - September 7, 1988, thus quoth George H. W. Bush:

"Today you remember - I wonder how many Americans remember - today is Pearl Harbor Day. Forty-seven years ago, to this very day, we were hit and hit hard at Pearl Harbor... Did I say September, 7th? Sorry about that. December 7th, 1941."

...I also wonder.
George, just for the record, this was a war you were in.
And you didn't just misspeak the date, you put yourself in the wrong month - and season - for a date that everyone in your generation recalls.
Or so I thought.
Reference: "The Clothes Have No Emperor" by Paul Lansky

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Like father like son," comes to mind. . .
All I can do to honor those men and women is to listen and read and remember their stories. I try to read some and remember some, each and every December 7th.

yanmaneee said...

birkin bag
supreme clothing
converse outlet
off white
kyrie 6 shoes
kyrie 5
chrome hearts online store
kyrie shoes
longchamp handbags
jordan shoes

yanmaneee said...

off white
supreme
yeezy
kd shoes
stone island
yeezy boost 350 v2
jordan 1
lebron james shoes
yeezy boost 350
bape hoodie

Unknown said...

reference aaa replica bags more information replica ysl bags find 7a replica bags wholesale

Locations of visitors to this page