Lot's of different pics of this sign.

Lot's of different pics of this sign.
"I don't make hell for nobody. I'm only the instrument of a laughing providence. Sometimes I don't like it myself, but I couldn't help it if I was born smart."

1st Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden.
"From here to Eternity"

Paul Valery

"You are in love with intelligence, until it frightens you. For your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time."

The Wisdom of the Ages

"When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed',"

Mikhail Kalashnikov
"Here lies the bravest soldier I've seen since my mirror got grease on it."

Zapp Brannigan

Monday, January 12, 2009

Pre-Safety Post

For your viewing pleasure; a shotgun confiscated during a house search in Kosovo. To the right are comments pulled from the text of the forum where I found it.
My unhelpful, smartass remarks are "I&I" (interspersed and italicized) for your further edification.
Shall we begin?

"I wouldn't want to be the first guy to shoot it!"
A common enough sentiment. Would you be happier as the first guy shot with it instead?

"Hell's teeth, aren't there enough half-decent weapons floating around the area without the need for someone to produce this abomination?"
Hell's teeth, indeed! Why are you taking this so personally?

"The Peshawari gunsmiths are laughing at this silly thingy."
Who are"?

"It would probably prove to be more deadly for the shooter then his intended target!!!"
I kinda doubt it. See first comment above. But, those exclamation points, brutal...

"There are so many automatic rifles floating around southern serbia and especially Kosovo, you'd have to be an idiot to waste you're time with something like this."
Again, what's with the hatin'?

"That's the definition of crude."
I wonder, what's this guy's definition of "light, sweet crude"?

"The firing pin seems interesting, it seems fixed. Hm, I can't really figure out how the firing pin would hit the primer? Is there a compressed spring behind it and does the whole mechanism the firing pin is attached to move forward?

"Think of it as a combination open bolt and percussion gun.

"I see how it works. I wonder what it is chambered in. Looks like a 12 gauge. A crude weapon, the biggest problem I see with it would be case extraction.

"I doubt its rifled so it would be smoothbore, and thus VERY inaccurate. If its a shotgun then it would have little need to be. Then again, it looks like the whole monster might be mated with a proper barrel, so who knows. I'd like to see a pic of the end of the barrel.

"I will compliment the design though. You have to imagine that the person who created this probably did it with VERY few proper tools, looking at the marks and abrasions. Edit: Looks like all the cuts in the receiver are done with a grinding wheel. Amazing actually when you think about it."
The above was a considerable conversation on the forum, edited for clarity and to better prove whatever point I'm making. It's a little into the "damning with faint praise" category but still, mostly positive.

"It´s ugly, it´s rusted but , for sure, kills!"
Oh yeah... I would imagine so.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page