Lot's of different pics of this sign.

Lot's of different pics of this sign.
"I don't make hell for nobody. I'm only the instrument of a laughing providence. Sometimes I don't like it myself, but I couldn't help it if I was born smart."

1st Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden.
"From here to Eternity"

Paul Valery

"You are in love with intelligence, until it frightens you. For your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time."

The Wisdom of the Ages

"When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed',"

Mikhail Kalashnikov
"Here lies the bravest soldier I've seen since my mirror got grease on it."

Zapp Brannigan

Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Most Recent, Coolest Knife I've Ever Made...


Having prevailed over temptation, I'll not tread into the fertile field which is the present, Social/Political goin's-on.
But there's some good shit out there.
Little Billy's not down with Hip Hop I guess. Now he's got a hard-on for Eminem. How dare he not take Sara Palin seriously?
Seriously. And how dare "the media" not rip him a new one?
Yo, Bill. See; "Public Figure" and how it relates to slander and libel - and - You are the media.
Dandy Don Rumsfeld's less-than-ecumenical, briefing cover-sheets are viewable here (courtesy of GQ of all things).
Finally, and best of all (I think) "The Story of Stuff".
It's a video I read about a few weeks ago that finally got around to watching.
It's made for kids so neo-cons should be able to struggle through it if they stop now and then and play duck, duck, goose - let off a little steam. It's a long time to have to sit still.
It (the video) has an agenda (duh). It's also way more than a little didactic but it's nicely done and not dumbed-down. I found little that I disagreed with and a bunch of stuff I'd never thought of..
I am a Marxist though. They made the best play-sets in the early sixties; funny movies too although that were before my time.
All I'll say further is this: Larry, the only non-Howard member of the LC&Moe Stooges, would love this.
Show off time.
A recently commisioned (and even more recently finished) replica of the personal knife of one 2dLt Clarence H. Tierney, First Special Service Force.
I cleverly posed it on an open copy the book with a photo of the original.
And - In so doing, I covered up the V42 on the oposite page.
Take that, Case Cutlery.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page