Lot's of different pics of this sign.

Lot's of different pics of this sign.
"I don't make hell for nobody. I'm only the instrument of a laughing providence. Sometimes I don't like it myself, but I couldn't help it if I was born smart."

1st Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden.
"From here to Eternity"

Paul Valery

"You are in love with intelligence, until it frightens you. For your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time."

The Wisdom of the Ages

"When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed',"

Mikhail Kalashnikov
"Here lies the bravest soldier I've seen since my mirror got grease on it."

Zapp Brannigan

Monday, February 15, 2010

Catching up...

... with an old acquaintance from two years ago, last October.
Remember Jim Broussard (the spellings vary)?
His fifteen minutes just go on and on.
A few days after his courageous (self-righteous, illegal, provocative) act and his proud claim to his status as a veteran, a commenter on a blog praising him had this to say: "In reference to the Broussard flag cutting incident, I have known Jim for over 30 years... As a Vietnam veteran,I find it less than amusing for him to be referred to as an army vet. He is an Army vet only in the loosest sense of the phrase, he washed out of the service to his country in a year or less."
Speaking of tacky; Ka-Bar is now offering a Jim Broussard, "commemorative edition".
He's got a website now as well.
You can get the knife for twenty bucks less from him so, if you go celebrity-simple and "need" one, be a guy and buy it from old Jim. The fifteen minutes are fleeting.

Okay, on the subject of knives in the vicinity of 7" blade length (What a segue!), below: my latest "faux - theater" knife.
Bill Wright's book shows a knife with a similar pommel which he describes as "cowboy boot shaped" and so it is.
But, the first time I saw it, I thought "bottle opener - shaped like a cowboy boot". Maybe I'm wired wrong, I don't know. Some primative need to scope out anything in the AO that blow the cap off a beer.

Pommel and guard - cast brass.
Spacers - leather, aluminum, plastic with a copper ferrule.
The blade started life as a roto-tiller tine.
Now for a movie.
Let's just say that the opener aspect is still very much in development.

I'm sorry. That's 38 seconds you'll never get back. My bad.
Notice, I had to break with tradition and drink "furrn" beer so's to get a bottle I could (attempt to) open.
From that maddeningly stable country to the North - Moosehead, the world's best beer.

I can't offer a deal like Jim's but my knife could live at your house for just $200 shipped.
Update: Alas, the knife is gone...
Buck up...

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page