Lot's of different pics of this sign.

Lot's of different pics of this sign.
"I don't make hell for nobody. I'm only the instrument of a laughing providence. Sometimes I don't like it myself, but I couldn't help it if I was born smart."

1st Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden.
"From here to Eternity"

Paul Valery

"You are in love with intelligence, until it frightens you. For your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time."

The Wisdom of the Ages

"When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed',"

Mikhail Kalashnikov
"Here lies the bravest soldier I've seen since my mirror got grease on it."

Zapp Brannigan

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Who Will Rescue Poor Little Oopsie?

One of life's salient lessons, gained from The MadOgre is this: "Always know who to blame."
In the sad case of "Little Oopsie", I'm blaming FaceBook.
The evil FB hooked me up with one of my old compatriots from the early, Montana days.
No flies on that. It even netted me a knife order.
A Tierney knife.

It's always a pain to orient a guard casting on a blade when they're cast in place.
The Oops, pictured above, never felt right as I put it together so I finally bit the bullet, scanned it (Faster than the camera). Then I copied the image, reversed it and superimposed it on the first and thus found that I'd cast the guard all cattywhompus to the blade (Knife-guy term. It's technical).
The portion of Oopsie's blade covered in tape is what needed to go south to make it work.

She lost enough blade length that she's no longer a Tierney knife. The replacement Tierney (unfinished) is pictured next contrasting the rather more compact form of Little Oopsie.

But, cutesy name notwithstanding, little Oopsie is no one to fuck with.
Eight inches of double-edged blade, forged from a file (A Simonds, Red Tang Mill Bastard - Some of the lettering to this effect is still visible on the ricasso)

She's most certainly a sticked little wicker (wicked little sticker) who needs a place to live - away from little brother, the Tierney.
They're not getting along well. Please help.
For the merest $125 you could spare the Oops this indignity.
$125; it's the price of dozens of cups of coffee, part of a car payment, nothing more than one tiny eight-thousandth of a million dollars will give this little knife the chance she needs.
Please, dig deep.
Don't let little Oopsie languish in my collection of fuck-ups.
THIS JUST IN!
Little Oopsie's got a date for the prom!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page