Lot's of different pics of this sign.

Lot's of different pics of this sign.
"I don't make hell for nobody. I'm only the instrument of a laughing providence. Sometimes I don't like it myself, but I couldn't help it if I was born smart."

1st Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden.
"From here to Eternity"

Paul Valery

"You are in love with intelligence, until it frightens you. For your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time."

The Wisdom of the Ages

"When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed',"

Mikhail Kalashnikov
"Here lies the bravest soldier I've seen since my mirror got grease on it."

Zapp Brannigan

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mixed Bag


I get a lot of lookie-loos. Folks who write with questions and are never heard from again.
A few weeks ago someone wanted a BC41 knuckleduster with a belt sheath. I liked the idea so much that I just jumped on ahead without waiting for him to write back - which he didn't.
In any case, here's the proof-of-concept.
A few bugs surfaced. One, I made the pattern backward which means the leather is flesh-side out - more abrasion resistant but it doesn't look as cool in the molded-around-the-finger-loops department.

It also needs some sort of keeper system. If I jump aggressively with it on my belt, I can sometimes make it leap out. That could be really cool if the move could be incorporated into the heat of the moment. Of course, the leather turned other way 'round would also provide more friction to aid in retention.
Anyway, I'm broke and willing to let the whole shootin' match go for just the price of the duster.
The key is: Expedite! $40 in my Paypal account (dbrock76@yahoo.com) and it's yours.

Next up; multi-functionality.

Presenting my dagger/lug-wrench hybrid. Don't whine to me about lack of leverage or the likelihood of cutting all your fingers off while changing a tire. Ya just gotta man-up.
Okay, that's not fooling anybody.
I forged a dagger blade out of one arm of a four-way lug wrench. They tend to be made of surprisingly nice steel. I'd say in the neighborhood of 60 points of carbon - a nice range for a fighting knife. It's far less brittle than higher carbon but still holds an edge well.
Anyway, these chunks of steel in mid-transformation always intrigue me and I finally got to post a picture of one.
This blade is going to be the business end of a Mk1 1918 Trench Knife.
Warren, unlimber that checkbook.
This BUDK's for you.

1 comment:

Big W said...

Dan, you had me ready to jump at the lug wrench!! I always love to see the WIP pics, makes me appreciate the piece even more. Now, where's that checkbook!! W

Locations of visitors to this page