Lot's of different pics of this sign.

Lot's of different pics of this sign.
"I don't make hell for nobody. I'm only the instrument of a laughing providence. Sometimes I don't like it myself, but I couldn't help it if I was born smart."

1st Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden.
"From here to Eternity"

Paul Valery

"You are in love with intelligence, until it frightens you. For your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time."

The Wisdom of the Ages

"When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed',"

Mikhail Kalashnikov
"Here lies the bravest soldier I've seen since my mirror got grease on it."

Zapp Brannigan

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Last, Best Place to...


I'm just bursting with pride!
The auld sod, my homeland, is in the news - and again it's because of yet another survivalist nut-fudge.
The above bumper sticker dates from the time of the Montana Freemen, Ted Kaczynski, and the initial mad-cow outbreak in Britain.
We grows 'em stupid up there in the North.
This mouth-breathing embarrassment is one David Burgert, a dim-bulb bound and determined to be shot dead.
This moron just got out of the Federal joint last year - after eight years - but he's still "no one to be fucked-with" or so he thinks.
Fact is: He's peach-orchard-boar crazy - paranoid personality disorder. Not an encouraging diagnosis.
The crack-up is that this clown is "hiding-out" in the vicinity of Lolo, Montana.
I remember Lolo. Nowadays, urban sprawl being what it is, it's pretty much another Missoula suburb.
In high-school, it's where we'd stop after rock climbing in the Selway-Bitterroot to buy some pop and Hostess fruit pies (They're lots smaller now).
My brother, twenty years ago built a lot of earth-sheltered houses in the Lolo area for out-of-state yuppies.
My point?
He's hardly in the middle of nowhere.
Nowhere's a whole 'nother area code from there.
In fact, over forty years ago - in this same impenetrable wilderness - my friend broke the axle of his Dad's IH Scout.
We didn't walk more than a mile or two before someone came along to give us a ride.
Sorry, Dave. If you want to get lost, you'll have to try harder than that.
But, to cut old Crazy-Dave a little slack, what got him busted to begin with was his affiliation with a militia group called "Project 7" (Seven is the Flathead County number that license plates in the county begin with. Missoula's four, Helena's five, Butte's one and so forth).
So, Dave's little private army was based in... Kalispell.
The brother mentioned earlier was born there - fifty-eight years ago.
I was born in Hot Springs a year later.
Anyway, at the time, the folks and my big sister lived in Big Fork.
Jim Nabors lives there!
And therein lies my point - and I did have one.
Here's a list of some, just plain, folks living in tiny little Kalispell - at least sometimes.
Phil Jackson
John Lithgow
Johnny Depp
Jack Hanna
Maury Povich
Connie Chung
Julie Chen
Info taken from:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_Celebrities_live_near_Kalispell_Mt_59901
Seriously Dave, you're waiting for a bullet. Give up.
And, thanks Reagan for "mainstreaming" all these wackos.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page