Lot's of different pics of this sign.

Lot's of different pics of this sign.
"I don't make hell for nobody. I'm only the instrument of a laughing providence. Sometimes I don't like it myself, but I couldn't help it if I was born smart."

1st Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden.
"From here to Eternity"

Paul Valery

"You are in love with intelligence, until it frightens you. For your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time."

The Wisdom of the Ages

"When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed',"

Mikhail Kalashnikov
"Here lies the bravest soldier I've seen since my mirror got grease on it."

Zapp Brannigan

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

What do you make of this?
Tactical Beard Owner's Club .
Beard renters may apply elsewhere. Thank you.
Actual photo, of actual beard-owner, from actual FB page and I am totally NOT making this up.


What's interesting, strictly for me, is that within twenty minutes of receiving intel re TBOC (Yes, they have an acronym - and why not?)... I found this nugget on Cracked.com (an institution long known for hard-hitting, in-depth journalism):
"4 Ways to Spot an Internet Bullshit Artist".
Okay, just to clear the air: the gentleman pictured above is not the one being referred to here as "An Internet Bullshit Artist". He's just a sad dork with some admirable chin-whiskers but not much in the cookie-dusting department. Good effort though.
Full disclosure: I found this great Internet resource via the Face Book page of a certain poser of some renown but alas, No credit to him.
Back to the TBOC: On their website - and yes they do have one - they'll allow you to apply for membership - only I've just discovered the place and that situation may be a bit shaky. Sorry if I've gotten the hopes up for some of you Tactically-Bearded outcasts, desperately seeking a home but it looks like the standards are pretty high.
I'd say... jerk-off a lot 'cause that helps push those whiskers out (good for the old prostate as well!) and, what the hell, it kills time.
But, as it stands now, I can't make the grade since all I've got is the upper-lip thing going on but maybe I can be grandfathered in based on this:

Or this:
It's a long shot so, probably not.
So what? I wouldn't belong to a club that would have me as a member.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Locations of visitors to this page