Lot's of different pics of this sign.

Lot's of different pics of this sign.
"I don't make hell for nobody. I'm only the instrument of a laughing providence. Sometimes I don't like it myself, but I couldn't help it if I was born smart."

1st Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden.
"From here to Eternity"

Paul Valery

"You are in love with intelligence, until it frightens you. For your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time."

The Wisdom of the Ages

"When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed',"

Mikhail Kalashnikov
"Here lies the bravest soldier I've seen since my mirror got grease on it."

Zapp Brannigan

Monday, May 29, 2017

Happy Decoration Day!

     To the Warmongers 
Written by my hero, Siegfried Lorraine Sassoon:

"I'm back again from hell 
With loathsome thoughts to sell; 
secrets of death to tell;
And horrors from the abyss.

Young faces bleared with blood 
sucked down into the mud, 
You shall hear things like this, 
Till the tormented slain

Crawl round and once again,
With limbs that twist awry
Moan out their brutish pain,
As the fighters pass them by.

For you our battles shine
With triumph half-divine;
And the glory of the dead
Kindles in each proud eye.

But a curse is on my head, 
That shall not be unsaid, 
And the wounds in my heart are red, 
For I have watched them die."



No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page