Lot's of different pics of this sign.

Lot's of different pics of this sign.
"I don't make hell for nobody. I'm only the instrument of a laughing providence. Sometimes I don't like it myself, but I couldn't help it if I was born smart."

1st Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden.
"From here to Eternity"

Paul Valery

"You are in love with intelligence, until it frightens you. For your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time."

The Wisdom of the Ages

"When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed',"

Mikhail Kalashnikov
"Here lies the bravest soldier I've seen since my mirror got grease on it."

Zapp Brannigan

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Knew Knuckle Knives

Please don't bitch about the bad alliteration. I could have written it as "gnu".

From the left, another of the KK offerings of the London retailer, Clements.
The original of this was pictured earlier here.
It resembles the other Clements knife in the fact that it's created "...by the expedient process of riveting a blade to a set of... knuckles."
The blade in this case being a triangular spike.
The handle takes the shape of a sylized "Death's Head".
Next up, a reproduction locally produced (North Africa) fighting knife. The original belonged to a member of Rommel's DAK.
I tried selling a more accurate reproduction earlier but got no takers.
Since I'm the captain of this ship, and no one seems to be as concerned with "authenticity" as I am, I stuck a longer blade on this new one - with a bit more sweep to it. Looks a bit Persian to my mind.
This is an interesting knuckle knife in that the loop is small enough (No mittens or gloves - a warm weather knife) that the entire handle can be gripped just like a conventional fixed blade knife.
A knuckle-knife that you actually can conveniently slice bread with.

The Bob is Back!
I shit-canned the Sgt. Bob a while back as I had become disenchanted with the politics of one Bob Anderson, PhD, CMSgt USAFR (Ret)
I've since realized that said judgment was unfair and unfounded and, even though I suspect he's thrown me out of the lifeboat as an "America hater" (I love that. I could just as easily "hate" my legs.) He's back basking in the glow of my respect.
More about my shifting views on Conservatives later.
Anyway the Bob started as an aluminum version of a brass-handled knife manufactured by Smith's of New Zealand.
It sold pretty well but I never liked the look of the aluminum.
When Bob Anderson said he wanted one just like it but with an OD handle, a blackened blade and a rough-out sheath, I saw it as an absolute winner.
I decided to name it for him and my Dad as well, Ssgt. Bob Brock FSSF.
Anyway, it's back and glad to have it. I've always liked Bob's modifications.
I changed the sheath only because the old one was too cumbersome and hardware-intensive. The rough-out was nice in a desert-cammo sort of way so this sheath will also be available in rough-out as an option. No extra charge.
It's going to be priced at $150 and is available at half price for any active-duty service member - including federalized Guard and Reserve.
I had to get some knife writing done because I just finished another - and my last - experience with the pot-gutted, goateed, gun-blogging crowd.
My final head-butting with one of the more visible of the group, Senor George Hill, part-time racist, full-time xenophobe (No, George. It's not an irrational fear of warrior princesses) and just all-around marginally informed, self-absorbed dork.
But he's got a big blog.
But this isn't the time or place.
Go here to catch the blow-by-blow.
Ogre reserves the right to publish any part of any e-mail he receives and I'm laying claim to the same.
Locations of visitors to this page