Lot's of different pics of this sign.

Lot's of different pics of this sign.
"I don't make hell for nobody. I'm only the instrument of a laughing providence. Sometimes I don't like it myself, but I couldn't help it if I was born smart."

1st Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden.
"From here to Eternity"

Paul Valery

"You are in love with intelligence, until it frightens you. For your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time."

The Wisdom of the Ages

"When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed',"

Mikhail Kalashnikov
"Here lies the bravest soldier I've seen since my mirror got grease on it."

Zapp Brannigan

Friday, May 01, 2009

Why Gun Control Can Never Work 2

If you've been here within the past day or so, you'll now notice that I no longer have the Sean Hannity bit.
It's a bit tedious. He'll never do it. It would never be okay to do it to him.
It's just so nice to imagine old Chunkstyle worrying about it.
But we know - worrying involves thought... awareness.
Anyway.
I've beat the drum before about the utter futility of gun control - and I continually cite, as my thesis, the fact that ; "One cannot be deprived of weapons if one can make them"

Darra, in the Tribal Area of NW Pakistan. Ethnically I believe it's Pushtin although I have no idea what that means.
Someone let the Madogre know that the motto in the area is:
"Many sons and many guns".
Observe their casual - so different from the NRA norms - manner in handling these things.
I for one get tired of the world's boy scouts looking out for all of us and it blesses my heart to see a place where no seems to give a shit.
During some of the wider shots I saw several Vickers guns and the narrator displayed, at one point, a Lewis gun.
And $50 for a 9mm. Shit.
Oh wait, there aren't any options available and... the guys at the range will laugh.
Not a problem here. I don't go to the range.
What I do is; I buy the paper targets. Then, while I'm still at home, I poke myself some respectable-but-still-needs-work shots with a pencil.
There, the "which-end-of-the-bullet-goes-first" argument is done away with.
I check out my targets and, Hell, I can shoot! Adequately at least. Enough so I can get to the serious business of putting holes in things (or breaking things - things made of glass) which is what it's all about isn't it now.
I'll post some scans of my targets another time - as is the wont here on the 1rt3mmeeet5 these days. They're pretty impressive.
So, the guns of Darra (vs "The Guns of Brixton"): Maybe they're not for the stateside market...
But... for for guys like me (motto: "Not no standards - just low standards")
It's the shit.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page