Lot's of different pics of this sign.

Lot's of different pics of this sign.
"I don't make hell for nobody. I'm only the instrument of a laughing providence. Sometimes I don't like it myself, but I couldn't help it if I was born smart."

1st Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden.
"From here to Eternity"

Paul Valery

"You are in love with intelligence, until it frightens you. For your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time."

The Wisdom of the Ages

"When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed',"

Mikhail Kalashnikov
"Here lies the bravest soldier I've seen since my mirror got grease on it."

Zapp Brannigan

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Tactical D-Guard


Well, what the hell else am I going to call it?
I made lots and lots of these back a few years ago and every now and then, someone orders them.
When I was first starting on EBay, these were mostly what I sold. It was one of them that got me kicked off finally as well.
Yes, I got kicked off EBay. No, I didn't cheat anyone. EBay's "hard and fast" (California, Hippie definition) rules surrounding knuckle knifes was expanded to include me. They tended to make things up as they went along.
I got over it.
Still, EBay's such a top-notch organization, I occasionally get invoices from them - five years after the fact.
What an outfit. Meg Whitman for governor indeed.

Hey, look at that. I'm famous.
Video shot by faithful customer, Will.
Here's what it looked like before it left home.

This one is waiting for funding whereupon it will be winging its way across the nation, accompanied by Mr. trench club.

This one's packed with features.
The skull-crusher is an extension of the tang and is drilled for a lanyard - and - it's got a steel parry-strip.

This all had an earlier incarnation, known as "The Tac Leader"
Six or seven years ago I was contacted by a gentleman who had just finished writing a book, first of a trilogy entitled "Tac Leader" by good friend, Bob Anderson.
Pictured is the cover art of the first book.
Nice 1911 except for the stainless. The knife is one of Jack Crain's. It's stainless too. Sad.
Jack Crain had the most hilarious website but I can't find it any more. Also, it seems he may be slipping vis s vis customer service. Even BladeForums are down on him! BladeForums! What's up with that?
Anyway, his site had all these great cheesecake photos. Scantily-clad chicks holdin' Jacks Big Blades. Ah well.
My moment of fame's coming though. Fear not. I mean, I'm already taking YouTube by storm (see above).
Behold, the cover art for the as-yet-unrealized book two.

I've gotta say, they're good-looking knives.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page