Lot's of different pics of this sign.

Lot's of different pics of this sign.
"I don't make hell for nobody. I'm only the instrument of a laughing providence. Sometimes I don't like it myself, but I couldn't help it if I was born smart."

1st Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden.
"From here to Eternity"

Paul Valery

"You are in love with intelligence, until it frightens you. For your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time."

The Wisdom of the Ages

"When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed',"

Mikhail Kalashnikov
"Here lies the bravest soldier I've seen since my mirror got grease on it."

Zapp Brannigan

Monday, July 09, 2012

Oh God, It's an election year and... I'm helpless to stop it

Good news everyone... Joe Walsh is holding a benefit concert for Joe Walsh's opponent.
What?
This is an confusing issue, and one that we've dealt with before, so, with the help of the Wiki, I found a way to disambiguate - to use a Wiki term - this issue.
Joe Walsh, freshman - and freshman, flunk-out representative from Illinois was actually born as: William Joseph Walsh.
The real Joe Walsh (Joseph Fidler Walsh) is the one putting on the concert for Lt. Col Tammy Duckworth. Given this new intel, I'll hence refer to the gentleman from Illinois as "Billy Joe".
He shouldn't feel dissed by this as Billie Joe Armstrong plays the Joe Walsh part in Green Day.
Rock star cred for both.
Win/win. This is the puppy-eyed, Billy Joe. He's got a problem with his opponent in the upcoming election. She talks about her service too much.
It really isn't fair. Sure, Billy Joe could have gone to Iraq as a Blackhawk pilot. It just would have taken lots of... effort, man. So Billy Joe's left out in the cold. He's got nothin'.
Oh wait, I forgot. Now he can point to his signature achievement:  paying off his back child-support.
Except that don't seem to cut a lot of ice with all those pain-in-the-ass voters - especially veteran voters.
There are other vids of this dissembling twat in which he can be seen pointing out that; referring to one's genuine, service to their country is simple pandering - as opposed to pandering to the simple.
This is the "inciting incident" (I took a drama class in college. Can ya tell?).
Followup: This is a good one. Count the number of times he says: "Ashleigh" (spoiler: 91 - but that's over the course the full, twelve-minute interview) while he digs his idiotic self ever deeper.
The video at top is just the most recent.
His worthy opponent, Lt. Col. Tammy Duckworth lost the lower part of both legs and most of the use of her right arm when the Blackhawk helicopter she was co-piloting was hit by an RPG in Iraq.
At the time, she'd been faithfully following the dictates of her Commander-in-Chief, King George the Stupid.
Mistakes were made, villages bombed...
It's time to move on.
Besides... whaddaya done for me lately... Tammy?
And, that happened in 2004.
That was then, this is now.
Why sully the good name of Billy Joe? He's trying... really hard, against near-impossible odds, to look like a human being.
I think, since he's got nothin'; maybe you should take your maimed self out of the spotlight so Billy Joe can elucidate the issues without distraction.
Level the playing field.

Okay, that was fun.
I want to give a shout-out to Larry Correia, the blue-ribbon winner in my "Who to pick when making fun of stupid people" quest (The phrase: "making fun of..." was lifted from Larry himself. Used without permission. Nor would I ever ask any of such a cunt).
Anyway, I'm not saying that Larry disrespects our veterans.
He's all about going to bat for another, freshman representative, Light Colonel (Usta be at least) Allen West, a man that no one, in his entire life, liked enough to say: "Allen, for a black guy - with the head-shape you've got - the flat-top looks idiotic".
He's now retired (Read: forced into it) with full bennies.
In my best of all possible worlds, he'd have gotten a General Court Martial and a BCD.
You sure can pick 'em, Larry.
Please, do me the favor of clicking on the Larry link above. I'd like him to have lots of hits that came from here.
More mature/productive stuff next time around.
Promise.
The real Joe Walsh, 1972 or '73. Both Billy Joe and Allen the disgraced were around eleven years old at the time. Larry was swimming around in his Dad's balls. I was in the Philippines. Shit, I'm braggin' on myself again.
I just dropped over to Larry's place and - I can't even comment anymore.
What's happened to the first amendment?

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page