Lot's of different pics of this sign.

Lot's of different pics of this sign.
"I don't make hell for nobody. I'm only the instrument of a laughing providence. Sometimes I don't like it myself, but I couldn't help it if I was born smart."

1st Sgt. Milton Anthony Warden.
"From here to Eternity"

Paul Valery

"You are in love with intelligence, until it frightens you. For your ideas are terrifying and your hearts are faint. Your acts of pity and cruelty are absurd, committed with no calm, as if they were irresistible. Finally, you fear blood more and more. Blood and time."

The Wisdom of the Ages

"When a young man, I read somewhere the following: God the Almighty said, 'All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed',"

Mikhail Kalashnikov
"Here lies the bravest soldier I've seen since my mirror got grease on it."

Zapp Brannigan

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

More From "Off-Roading With The Rus"

You'll recall my brief dip into the crazy world of Russian off-roading here.
A silly diversion, a guilty pleasure, a psychotic flight from a world gone horribly wrong, whatever.
I love watching these things with the sound turned off and music instead.
I highly recommend it. Metal would work, I'm sure. Punk does, most pop stuff, classic rock - hell, maybe Joni Mitchell rocks with these guys.
Below, a series of slow-motion wheelies, all in aid of getting the truck - and logs - out of the river.

Notice how bravely Dimitri throws his full 180# onto the front bumper, just doing his bit to get this ass-end-heavy beast to settle down.
This next one features a real log-truck. Actually, another army surplus six-by - but this time - a self-loader, with a log trailer.

What's the guy saying at the end?
Really, give me some ideas; "That fucker's making me walk home again!" You know what I want.
Okay, next up; the cutest vehicle that you've ever known-that-you've-been-in-love-with-all-your-life-but-have-despaired-of-ever-finding.
I'm sure there's more to the story of this darling rig. All I know is that this one is called the UAZ 452.

So, this is a... VW Microbus... made-up as Mr. Bill (Ooooh Noooo!) for Halloween - oh, and he's a ninja.
It does seem to be able to move around pretty well and don't its classic lines set it well apart from all the other SUV's in the supermarket, parking-lot.
You can buy one of your own here.
A 1980, it looks good, they're asking reasonable money - except for the fact that it's in the Ukraine (Can you drive there from here?) it looks like a sweet deal.
Okay, this is the girl tricked out as a serious rig. She's ready for competition the full-on brush-guard with decals package.

It's Steve Erkle in a catcher's mask, isn't it?
Then again, I'll take it over a Cherokee.
Really, Rusky off-road vids. Loud music.
We're truly living in the best on times.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page